The internet world has a good side as well as a bad one. Online safety has become a serious issue and more so for children who are not well aware of its consequences. They go around surfing the web clicking on various links without actually having any idea as to what’s behind them. They go from researching for their school project to a hefty amount of lottery that a certain link says they have won to chatting with a random stranger regarding that “Lottery” thereby compromising their privacy and security.
Tips to ensure the online safety of your children –
- Discuss with them the benefits of using the internet responsibly and at the same time making them aware of its dangers.
- Set a time limit on their daily usage of the internet.
- Discuss with them the incidents that have happened with people in the past through the usage of the internet, not to scare them but to encourage them to remain alert while surfing the web.
- Tweak the parental controls available in the settings to prevent your child’s exposure to any unsavory content.
- Make it clear to them to not talk to strangers they come across on the internet and give out any of their personal information such as their name, phone no., address etc.
- If needed, punish or even ground them if they are found to be going against your directions to make them understand that what they are doing is wrong and will not be accepted.
By following the above-mentioned points, parents can do their bit to ensure the safety of their children online and protect them from facing any form of cyber-bullying thereby preventing any of its other major consequences. For more information, contact computer repair harrisburg pa.