Whenever we have reunions, occasions or even a simple get together, card games will never be absent. We have played them hundreds of times alongside and against different people but they’re still fun to play nonetheless. But of course you’ll get tired of the same old card games when you don’t really play anything else. If you’re looking for a different kind of game that you can play with friends and family, then look at this article, by the end of it you might just be able to introduce a fun new game to them.
Slapjack can be enjoyed by 4 – 10 players and there are no age restrictions, it’s a true family game. Essentially, it’s a race-to-slap game and there are regular interactions so the little ones won’t get bored; your objective is to collect all the cards. So here’s how you play:
- Every player will sit in a circle, one of them will distribute the deck until they run out of cards. Keep in mind that no one is allowed to see the card they’re holding.
- All players will draw a card from the small deck in their hands and flip it up as they throw it in the middle of the circle. This will go on until a Jack appears.
- When it does, it’s a race to the first one who slaps the card, covering it with their hand.
- The person closest to the card, in case everyone went for the Jack, gets to keep all the other cards in the pile.
- If ever a player slaps a different card by mistake, they’ll be forced to give up the card on top of their deck to the person who threw the slapped card.
- The winner will be the one who has all the cards.